Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Project Completed

Ok, so I admit this has nothing to do with knitting or crochet. I am working on a sweater right now for Tiff, and as soon as it's completed, I'll post a couple pictures of it.

In the mean time, the kids and I made markers for our vegetable garden. They turned out pretty good, and look much nicer than the package with a stick through it- especially after a couple weeks of watering...

We made them out of polymer clay. (I had lots on hand- I got very ambitious a couple years ago watching The Carol Duvall Show- she had so many great ideas with polymer clay...). Here's the kids running the clay through the machine to get it nice and thin. They thought this was pretty neat.


After cutting them out, inserting the stick, glueing together and baking, they were ready for the names. Bre obliged and did a great job writing the names on them. Brandon even did a couple (with Grandma's help).


Here is Bre placing them in the garden.


And the final product. I think they look pretty nice! And it was a great craft project for us to do.
HAPPY CRAFTING!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Ricki...these are awesome!! What a great project! & how fun! Is Carol Duvall still on? I loved her...she was like a goofy crafty neighbor! So what do you think you & your team of crafters would charge for a set of garden markers?!?! ; )

Elite Stitches said...

I don't know if her show is still on the air. You can still get directions to the projects on hgtv.com, though. I loved watching her show, and yes, she is like a goofy neighbor with lots of crafty ideas. I'd have to consult with my partners regarding the cost of a set of garden markers, especially since they did most of the work...