Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This is the Best Time of Year...

I hope you all had a very wonderful Thanksgiving! We had our Traditional / ' Un-traditional' feast of Tofurkey with all the traditional everything else. Oh, so Yummy! Now we're concentrating on getting the house decorated for Christmas. Don't you just love decorating for Christmas? To see my young grandkids' pure joy puts the fun back into digging through the garage and dragging out all the boxes.

I wanted to update my blog with my latest project. I have ventured, with a little help from my daughter-in-law, Tiffany, into making gloves. She found a pair of fingerless gloves she just loves and asked me if I could make them. So even though this is a first for me, how hard could they be, right? Just knit around and around and make a hole for the thumb, then knit around that a few times and 'Ta-Da' - Gloves! I was right! They are coming together very quickly, and I just love them. So Tiff, here are a few pictures of your gloves (well, glove right now- can only do one at a time...)

It looks complicated, but knitting in the round is really very simple. You just need to keep the needles in the right order. Can you see where the thumb will be? Just about ready to knit that part.



















Thanks, Tiff! I love them, and will be making a lot more in the future...

I also found a pattern last year I love. I like to make some kind of ornaments every year for Christmas. These little star ornaments are just as cute as can be, and crochet up to about 3 1/2 inches across. I had gotten Su this stand last year, and needed to fill it up. So I grabbed some left-overs and started going. Before you know it, I had enough to fill the entire stand.



























As always, if you would like more info on anything I'm working on, just give me a quick email at the email address to the right.

2 comments:

Janet said...

OH RICKI...I AM JUST LOVING THE GLOVES!!! GONNA HAVE TO GET ME A PAIR OF THOSE!

The ornaments are so much fun too...I may need some of those as well! What might your price be on something like that?!!

Elite Stitches said...

Wow, Janet, thanks! I haven't even thought about pricing...maybe $2.00 each for the ornaments. The gloves are going to depend on the type of yarn I use. If I go with a 'fancy' yarn I need to get at an exclusive yarn store, the price will by $25. If I just use acrylic yarn, which is more readily available, the price will be $15. Email me- we'll talk...