Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, Elite Stitches. I will be updating my blog on a regular basis with pictures of what I've been working on. You will have an opportunity to purchase any of the items I showcase. In most cases, you will also be able to choose the colors you would like, as I keep a small stash of yarns on hand. I take pride in my workmanship, and make every effort to ensure my clothing and accessories are the highest quality they can be.

A little about myself: Back when my children were young, I taught myself to knit and crochet. I have been knitting and crocheting off and on for over 30 years! Wow- where did the years go?? Then a few years ago, I bought my daughter a sweater for Christmas. Unfortunately, it didn't fit, but when she tried to exchange it, the store was sold out. We couldn't find another we liked, so she was without a sweater. Then I remembered- I know how to knit! I owe her a sweater! I can do this! So I've been seriously knitting and crocheting again for the past couple years. I find the crafts very relaxing. I thoroughly enjoy taking a piece of string, if you will, and turning it into something both beautiful and durable you can wear for years to come. Since my re-introduction to making hand made garments, I have been making shrugs, boleros, scarves, hats, tops & sweaters. I've also made a skirt and dress for my granddaughter. What fun! So come along with me on my venture. I don't pretend to know everything about knitting & crochet, but if you have a question, please add a comment and I'll try to answer if I can.

6 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Welcome to blogger-land! I like the template you picked, they have some cute layouts at that website. Congratulations and I can't wait to see pictures! I will post something on my blog soon to hopefully direct some traffic your way.

Elite Stitches said...

Thanks!! I'll get some pictures up this week- scarves & hats at least.

Shana said...

I can't wait to see some pictures! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

See, I knew you could do it !!! I'm taking your blog address to my friend that crochets, Bonnie. Laters, K

Janet said...

WELCOME & HI RICKI!!! I can't wait to see your sweaters etc. I've been asking a certain friend of mine for pictures....for some time! ; ) Hope we get to work together in January!! BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR NEW ENDEAVOR! xoxo

The Pyryt Nest said...

Welcome Ricki! I've seen some of the beautiful work you've done for the boys. I'm sure you'll have lots of orders coming in soon.